Tuesday 23 July 2013

My Winter Skincare Routine - Affordable.

Hey girls. I thought I would post what I use on my face everyday to cleanse, tone, treat, etc. My skin type has changed over the past year, from very oily to oily/combination. The dryness of the cold winter wind and the heat coming from the heater in my bedroom has made this changes happen.
These products are affordable, mostly under $15.
Keep in mind I do use a few products that are very moisturizing, or may not be recommended for oily skin type. Even though my skin type is oily/combination, I do not have necessarily have acne prone skin.

- My Skincare -

- Revlon Colorstay Eye and Lip Makeup Remover $12.95 -
Awesome to remove my eye makeup with, has no problems removing waterproof liner, cream eye shadows and waterproof mascara.



- Garnier Naturals Clean Detox Gentle Brightening Foam $6.99 -
This cleanser may not be for everyone, it leaves that rubbery feel behind. But when my skin feels like that after use, I know all my makeup, dirt, etc. is all gone. I remove my makeup with this, so I double up. And, a pea size amount creates a surprising amount of foam. After I come out of the shower, my skin feels clean and  appears brightened.



- Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner $4.85 -
I love toner, especially this one. It isn't harsh since there isn't any alcohol. I find that if I don't use this, my pores do get clogged almost instantly. Also, I don't cleanse my face in the morning with a cleanser, I splash water on my face, wipe it off with a towel, and apply this onto my skin. It works and I'm lazy haha.
Get this on iherb.com, use my discount code: FUF619, to get up to $10 off your first order.




- Invite-E Vitamin E Cream $11.49 -
I use this most nights on my face, this acts as my night cream. It restores and moisturizes my skin to reduce any dry patches from coming up. Also, this is a savior for the dermatitis on my hands and any other dry spots on my body.




- Aura Cacia Restoring Rosehip Oil $9.34 -
I use this around 3 nights a week, same concept as the Invite cream above, but since this is an oil, I am wary that I may breakout if I use this too much. One pump goes a long way. I have found my skin tone has evened out a lot since using this, and it has reduced some redness on my cheeks, as well as scarring. I love this stuff.
Get this on iherb.com, use my discount code: FUF619, to get up to $10 off your first order.




- Clearasil Ultra Spot Treatment Cream Extra Strength $14.49 -
I only ever get pimples and spots when it's around that time of month. I put this cream on those suckers at night, and by the next morning they have dried out and reduced in size dramatically. I am cautious when using this product, since it does dry out the skin, I only apply where it's necessary.





- Pure Source Rotorua Thermal Mud Mask For Face and Body $34.95 -
My parents went on a cruise to New Zealand and they came back with this mask as a gift. I feel like this mask really gets into my skin and cleanses it. Whenever I have really congested skin, I use this.



- Avene Eau Thermale Thermal Spring Water $24.99 - 
I use this after a shower or if my skin feels a bit tight or dry. Also, if I apply too much powder on my face, I spray this on and it makes my makeup looks so much better. And, my body can break out in hives at any given time, so spraying the area helps to calm it down a lot. I don't know what it is about this product that makes it amazing, I mean it's just water in a can right?



- The Body Shop Face Brush $4.95 & Daiso Fase Brush $2.80 -
I use both of these with my cleanser; the Daiso brush almost daily, and the Body Shop one if I need to really exfoliate my skin.


What are your winter skin essentials?

2 comments:

  1. My Dickinson's bottle looks different? It has a blue label. I wonder if it's different? And I love the invite vitamin e cream. It reminds me of whipped cream.

    p.s We nominated you for the Leibster award. Check the link below for the questions. We're looking forward to seeing your answers!
    http://madeinmarcelle.blogspot.com.au/2013/07/tag-by-m-leibster-awards-part-1.html

    - Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are two types I believe, this is the 'pore perfecting' one. They have both on iherb :)
      Oo thank you :)
      xo

      Delete