Friday 19 July 2013

Makeup My Friend Got Me From The US.

I am super dooper lucky for my gorgeous friend Tash whom went out of her way to pick up some products for me in America on her holiday. I can imagine she came home with two suitcases full of makeup and skincare since she is beauty obsessed as well. I limited myself for this rare opportunity because I didn't want to justify spending a lot of money just because it's cheap, so it was a smaller list than I intended at first.
Cosmetics, skincare, blah blah blah, is much more expensive here in Australia (and our neighbour New Zealand) than the US, as well as the rest of the world. A MAC lipstick here is $36, whereas it is $15 in the US (not including tax). Crazy but it is something that we Aussie girls have to live with. I have included the US and the Australian pricing down below for comparison.


- The List - 
- MAC Face and Body Foundation 120mL in C2 - $33 US, $60 AUS
- MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC20 - $27 US, $49 AUS
- MAC Mineralize Blush in Warm Soul - $25 US, $43 AUS
- MAC Pigment in Vanilla - $21 US, $39 AUS
- MAC Lipstick in Rebel, Russian Red and Shy Girl - $15 US each, $36 AUS each
- MAC 217 Brush x 2 - $23 US each, $37 AUS each
- Becca Shimmer Skin Perfector in Moonstone - $41 US, $66 AUS

- Total of: $238 US, $504AUS
(not including tax [US] and other costs)

- Swatches -
(I took photos of the swatches of the Shimmer Skin Perfector, Vanilla Pigment and Warm Soul, but the crap lighting and the camera I use didn't give any justice to how pretty they are in real life, so I only included the lipstick swatches)


Massive thank you to Tash if you're reading this. I'm so thankful that she did this for me, and especially running around, searching all over for the Becca Shimmer Skin Perfector. After paying extra for tax and other costs, it was a "saving" or difference of almost $200. Crazy right?

Let me know if you would like to see a review on any of these products.

4 comments:

  1. What a great haul! Your friend is so nice :) I'm loving the look of Russian Red :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always take advantage of cheaper cosmetic and skincare prices when I'm overseas. The savings can be amazing. :) Please do tell us how you like the MAC Face and Body foundation; it's been on my wish list for ages (the same colour C2 too)! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should do a review on it :)
      I have it in C3 as well when I was tanned in summer. Very light coverage, looks like glowing skin. I love it. It's very different to other foundations I have.

      xo

      Delete
  3. So jealous! Your friend is so nice to bring back all these googies for you. I have the Russian Red lipstick and love it so much.

    Join the Little Alchemist giveaway on my blog now: http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2013/07/the-little-alchemist-review-and-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete