Wednesday 10 July 2013

iHerb.com Haul Disaster: Ecotools, Bdellium, etc.

I love receiving packages in the mail, it feels like Christmas to open it up and swim in the goodies you bought. But, I couldn't really open this one up, since it was already open to begin with. Let me explain and show you.


I could provide a rant the size of a 1000 word essay, but to keep it short, DHL did not bother to ring my doorbell, or knock, hence I had to pick up my package the next day at the post office, and this is what I saw. Obviously, my package did not receive careful handling at all, it was torn, ripped and thrown around. Neither was it packaged well as one of the contents were bigger in length than the actual box itself. So the service of iherb and DHL were clearly poor.
This mistreatment took great effect to the contents inside, packaging of the products were torn, had dints and the Mint Julep Masque's cap was completely smashed, causing the product to leak in the plastic bag (that had holes in it, which could have made the mask leak on everything else!)
Safe to say, I was bloody fuming, so I made complaint emails to both companies. I am waiting for their replies. I will update this post when this issue is resolved.
I have made numerous orders on iherb before and have never had a problem like this. The order I made is significantly larger to other orders I have made in the past, so packaging is different and should have been put in a larger box. Also, I have always chosen the cheapest method of shipping for previous orders (Global Priority Mail by DHL), but this time I paid a bit more and chose DHL Express to receive my order quicker. Safe to say, I will stick to the cheapest method and wait a little longer.
Anyway, rant over, now over to the haul.

- UPDATE -
So I finally got a reply back from iherb.com, they are going to send me a full replacement with shipping with no charge. DHL said it was iherb's responsibility to give me compensation for the delivery, shipping is through iherb's account in which they have with DHL. I'll update this again when I receive the replacement.

Oh, I should mention, I did say before I was on a spending ban, however, these were on my 'need' list for quite a while since I wanted to get a separate set of brushes for my makeup course I start next week (so excited!) and some new skincare (ban applies only to makeup). I'm going really well on my spending ban, haven't bought makeup since my last haul, I've noticed that I have more money in the wallet which is great!


Here is what I got:

- Bdellium Tools Studio Line 12 Piece Eye Brush Set with Pouch - $47.60US



- Ecotools 6 Piece Day to Night Brush Set with Clutch - $14.16US
http://www.iherb.com/EcoTools-Six-Piece-Day-to-Night-Brush-Clutch-Set-6-Pieces/46978




- Queen Helene The Original Mint Julep Masque - $3.84US


- Aura Cacia Organic Restoring RoseHip Oil (30mL) - $9.34US
http://www.iherb.com/Aura-Cacia-Organic-Rosehip-Oil-Restoring-1-fl-oz-30-ml/38543



There was an extra 5% discount on all orders over $60 and I had rewards of 18 cents. I chose the DHL express shipping method which was $10. All together it cost me $90.89 US, or $99.37 AUS (dat exchange rate D:)

My order shipped on the 5th of July and received on the 9th of July (picked up the next day at the post office), average time on the website stated 2-4 days. I think mine was a bit slower since it was over the weekend.

You can use my discount code on iherb.com to receive up to $10 off your first order, enter in when checking out: FUF619.

Let me know if you would like to see any reviews on these items :)

Have a good day! :)

10 comments:

  1. That's really disappointing about the handling and packaging!!! I would contact iherb and complain because it's obvious the original box wasn't adequate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't. I didn't expect this at all, especially from iherb.
      Still waiting for their reply.

      Delete
  2. oh man, shame on you DHL! despite the mishaps on the order getting to you; thankfully the rosehip oil glass bottle didn't smash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!
      The Rosehip oil was packaged very nicely actually haha, a huge contrast from the actual box.

      Delete
  3. Im still waiting on my order!!! It's been 2 months!!! Ahhhhh i emailed them and their customer service is horrible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG that terrible!
      Maybe try calling them?
      xox

      Delete
  4. That is so horrible, I have done so many order from iherb always picking the cheapest option then the first time i chose express shipping because i ordered so much; the contents wasn't in the best shape, a bottle had leaked, things were squished in to fit and then i had ordered some cookies which were completely smashed- crumbs. I was so upset and emailed and I never got a response, this was months ago and at the time I was unwell so I didn't even bother following it up but I was still very annoyed. what you had done was much worse though!! thankfully they will replace it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hate that they squished everything into such a small space. Of course things can go wrong. If I ordered cookies and they turned out how you described them, I would probably cry :(
      Maybe email them again?
      xo

      Delete
  5. DHL suck so bad. My brother has had many issues with using them for his business. I haven't had an issue with an iherb order, though *crosses fingers*. Hope you get your replacement order soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anandtech (Titanium) Wedding Rings
    The titanium shift knob Tithron titanium bolt Singsuit in titanium watch Titanium titanium helix earrings domain man titanium bracelet www.titanium-arts.com

    ReplyDelete