Thursday 2 May 2013

Beauty Things I Suck At!



When I watch beauty gurus on YouTube do this tag, I find it a breath of fresh air. They always look amazing and flawless on camera as well as apply their (or someone else's) makeup nicely. But when they say they suck at a few beauty related things, it is like a "OMG I do that too!" moment. So I thought I would share some things that I suck at when it comes to beauty:




1. Nails - I suck at painting my nails, I get it all over my fingers, and I don't have the patience to wait for them to dry, which results into smudging and dints. I'll occasionally get into the mood of giving them a bit of colour, but once the polish is on, I kinda regret it because all I can think about is how horrible it's going to look once it starts smudging and chipping.

2. Hair - The hair care I only have is shampoo, conditioner and heat protectant. I suck at styling, all I can do is straighten, put my hair up in a messy sock bun (and I say messy since I can never make it look pro slick), a pony tail or simple braid. That's it. Also, trimming my hair happens two-three times a year. I don't want to touch the subject of body hair, when it comes to winter, the wax and the shaver in my bathroom are on a holiday (hey, at least I'm a bit warmer right?)

3. Cleansing my face in the morning - It doesn't happen. I splash a bit of water over my face, dry it off, apply toner then a moisturizer or primer. 

4. Getting the winged liner symmetrical on both eyes - My eyes are both different, so it may be a bit difficult sometimes trying to get them to look the same, but it doesn't bother me as much since it's nothing that cotton tips can't fix :P

5. Putting on individual lashes - They have their own minds, they ping off in all directions except for the one I want them to be in.

6. Putting mascara on the bottom lashes - It never works well for me, they always clump together or it just looks wrong, no matter what mascara I use. The only time it looks decent is when I have false lashes on.

7. Using a beauty blender or other sponges to apply foundation - Urgh, I think I'm doing something wrong here because every application I try with a beauty blender, it looks patchy and weird. I prefer brushes much better anyway.

So that is the end of beauty things I suck at, can anyone relate to this and what are some of the things you suck at :P

1 comment:

  1. The nails and hair for me! I still have to learn to master applying nail polish to my right nails. Being right handed it compares terribly to my left. Omg and my hair, I suck at hairstyles. I can't even do a bun by itself and my donut ones always seem to have bumps and I can never seem to bobby bin the hairs into place ahh!

    ReplyDelete