Friday 19 April 2013

Look familiar? Zhousina Joursna Brush review.



 Whilst browsing on eBay for stippling brushes, I came across a few sellers with these products in my search. So they look very similar to Real Technique brushes, but do they have the same quality?




This brand is called Zhoushina, however the name on the handle is Joursna. The set of 5 brushes have a pink handle with the black flat bottom. The shape of the handle differs slightly than RT brushes and it is a more coral pink colour. Looking on eBay, it seems that this set comes in an orange colour (like the RT base brushes), and a light sky blue. The brush I got is number 4, but different sellers number the brushes differently, however they can be easily distinguished from one another. The black base of my brush came like this, it looks melted :S. However the seller gave me a refund for this, which I'm content with.



Moving away from the looks, the brush hairs itself are synthetic, soft and a little bit stiff (in a good way ;). I wouldn't think this is a true duo fibre brush (and it doesn't claim to be on eBay, or the packaging) but it does have a duo fibre design.

Its performance on applying liquid foundation produces an airbrush finish to the face, while providing the coverage potential of your foundation (the brush does not soak up the product). It does not give any brush stroke marks in your foundation, nor does it shed (in application and cleaning).
It applies powder lightly to the skin, which is nice to lightly set the foundation with loose or pressed powder. And It blends harsh contour or blush perfectly as well as applying powder or cream blush.


Top: Real Techniques Stippling brush, Bottom: Joursna Brush no.4


Left: Joursna Brush no.4, Right: Real Techniques Stippling Brush

In comparison to the Real Techniques Stippling brush, the Joursna makeup brush is definitely more softer since the RT brush is more dense, and the Joursna brush has a larger surface, which makes the application of foundation/powder/cream more faster. I find the Joursna brush applies powder product easier, and blends makeup better, but I prefer using cream products with the RT stippling brush.


Now ladies, this is the best bit, the price. I bought this Joursna brush off eBay for $3.79. No, that is not a typo, it’s actually pretty legit. And sellers offer free shipping with this product. The only downside is, since the sellers are based in China and Hong Kong, delivery is going to take around anywhere between 3 to 6 weeks, but check with the seller on delivery times.

You can find these brushes on eBay, type in “stipple brush”, tick the location box to “worldwide”, hit the “buy it now” tab and sort by “Pricing + Postage: lowest first” and they should come up in the middle-end of the page. The reason I'm not including the sellers name is because of the defect on the brush I received.

Rate: 9/10.



- UPDATE!!! -
I purchased another one of these brushes from the same seller, and it sheds like crazy. So be careful when purchasing, since the brush is so cheap, there is more of a chance to have problems when manufacturing the product and quality control may not be top notch.



11 comments:

  1. Wow they do look very similar, how amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing, but also the performance of the brush counts, and it does pretty well :)

      Delete
  2. I'm thinking China copied the RT brush? :P Nothing against them. It's just what they tend to do. Really good value though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was also considering that as well. Maybe they made them that way to see if people would mistake them for actual RT brushes. Who knows, but they are good value :)

      Delete
  3. Great review! It's tempting to buy some of these as back ups :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really cheap and good value for what they are.
      And you won't feel so guilty buying them :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Kathleen :)

    I don't know why, but I cant find the brushes.. Can you send me a link? Would be fantastic!

    Love from Switzerland
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Professional-Cosmetic-Stipple-Fiber-Powder-Blush-Brush-Foundation-Makeup-Tool-/171007011651?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&var&hash=item27d0cfeb43&_uhb=1

    This is one of the sellers that sells these brushes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just curious, how are you still finding your brush? Only because with me ill tend to love something... Then a couple uses later I will realise I'm only lusting over what I want it to be... Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still the same as when I bought it, it washes magnificently and it hasn't shed yet :)
      I'm the same with some products, you kinda get over the hype and realize it's not actually that great lol.
      But I still reach for this brush over others :)
      xox

      Delete
  7. These sound amazing, I hope Uk sellers start selling these! X

    ReplyDelete