Friday 26 April 2013

Little Haul + Don't Be Scared To Ask For Samples!



Yesterday I went to Chadestone with my mumma and my sister to have a girls day out and I did pick up two things as well as drown in samples.




- Here I got -

- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Medium Plus $47
- Sample - MAC Prolongwear Concealer in NC30
- Sample - Too Faced Absolutely Flawless Concealer in Perfect Nude
- Sample - Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk Foundation in 5.5
- Sample - Giorgio Armani Designer Lift Smoothing Firming Foundation in 5.5
- Sample - Clinique Pore Refining Solution Correcting Serum x 2
-  Sample - YSL Le Teint Touche Elcat in BR30
- Sample - Clinique Pore Refining Solutions in Natural
- Samples - Neutrogena Gift Pack (link below)
- Lush Brazened Honey Fresh Face Mask $16.95
- Sample - Lush Herbalism Cleanser
- Lush Full of Grace Facial Serum $14.95

Being a uni student, my budget is pretty tight, so I want to try out products before I buy, especially foundations. Any Aussie lady knows that Australian prices for cosmetics are extremely high, in comparison to the US, and for that reason, I want to make sure if I want to buy something high end, I will know it'll work for me 100%, so I'm not wasting my money and time.

If you're curious about anything you have seen hyped up in the YoutTube community, in blogs or other beauty sites, you may as well go and test it out for yourself. Some companies don't offer samples at all, but give it a go. When I approach a counter to look at a product I have interest in, sometimes after a chat about the product, they might offer you a sample or an application. Yesterday, I was offered the samples at the Clinique counter just because I told her I had large pores. If they don't offer you a sample, it doesn't hurt to ask if they can get you one. And don't be afraid to ask, even if they look a bit intimidating, because at the end of the day, it is your money. Sales assistants are more than happy to help you, it's their job, however you do get a couple that might just be having a bad day.

I went to Lush for the first time after going into Myer and David Jones, and I wanted to look for a serum or moisterizer, something for my skin to help repair at night. And the girl that helped me was so helpful, she took me through a few products that would be suited to my skin type, but I held back and just purchased the Full of Grace Face Serum. When I told her it was my first time being there, she gave me a generous sample of Herbalism as well as the Blazened Honey Face Mask.
I left Chadestone with a gazillion samples, which was unexpected and amazing haha.
When I got home, I realized I got my Neutrogena Gift Pack in the mail, you can get it on Facebook with this link: https://apps.facebook.com/neutrogenagifts/

So I was swimming in samples, and I cannot wait to try all these products out! I hoped this post helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment